I spoke with the lovely Kristen Joy who is “The Book Ninja“ who talks to us about why people get stuck, a quick way to get our book done and she has a handy dandy checklist that will help you get your book out and making money.
Some Interesting Things I Learned:
- If you’ve written over 4000 words you can publish it as a Kindle Book
- People love to complete a “series” so I can start writing smaller books and make them a series that way I feel accomplished because I completed the first book and there’s something nifty that Amazon will do when you have a series out there.
Resources Mentioned On The Call:
- Read Kristen’s inspirational journey, “How I went from massive credit card debt and no income to a half-million dollar publishing empire.”
- The Ninja Checklist that will help you not only create your books but teach you how to market & sell them well.
- Relate Church is where I took my Bible classes.
- DJ Alibaba Vancouver is the client I refer to on the call.
- My Secret Awakening (based on Psalm 91) is my own little place where I push forward in life knowing that I am protected & loved so I can do anything I want in this life.
- My interview “Permission Granted” with Pastor Helen Burns on deciding to not live small and start living the huge expansive life that God created you for.
Kristen Joy’s Bio:
Kristen Joy decided she was “unemployable” at the tender age of six when she started her first business making and selling pet rocks. She’s never been able to “hold down a real job…” ever. A serial entrepreneur, in 2003 she turned her life-long love of reading and writing into a full-time career she LOVES, teaching authors and entrepreneurs how to create books that bring them business and turning authors into successful authorpreneurs.
After discovering how to thrive through chronic illness, Kristen went on to write and publish 18 Kindle books in 18 weeks, start over 50 publishing companies for others, publish over 200 books and e-books, teach hundreds of webinars, coach thousands of authors from idea to published, build a livelihood from negative $300-a-month to a multi six-figure business, study martial arts, get her conceal-carry license and eat way too much chocolate.