I remember when I was a child with no television, my options were to play board games, read or dream.
Imagination, can be a very powerful tool in our lives both professionally and personally.
Albert Einstein was once thought to have said, “Imagination will take you everywhere… It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.”
While logic will keep you in the here and now or guide you based on your past experiences, imagination will take you to new heights.
I believe in the power of creative visualization. Creative visualization uses imagery in the mind in order to deliver results in your present and in your future. There are a few pointers you need to know about creative visualization before you try it out first.
- You need to be in a comfortable position. When you are preparing to take on creative visualization, you need to feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Tap into your senses. Feel free to imagine hearing the sounds of the waves in the background. Listen for the swish of air as you ride the hot air balloon for the first time. Feel the feeling in your stomach as you take your first flying lesson. Taste the way that your congratulations cake tastes at the opening of your new restaurant. Smell the scent of the ocean as it drifts by you. Use all of your senses to tap into your imagination. Before you know it, you will be in Italy tasting that wine or smiling away as you sign up your new client.
- Chill out. You need to be in a relaxed state both in body and mind. You need to start out with your body before you can attempt to relax your mind.
Using my imagination gets me into a peaceful and motivated creative state of mind to work on my business.
The Power to Choose
When you come to realize that you have the power to choose what thoughts you wish to think and what thoughts you wish to focus on, that is really something powerful. When you use your imagination to your benefit or the benefit of others, your life becomes vibrant and alive.
You can choose negative imaginary images or you can choose positive imaginary images. The choice is really yours.
Whatever you focus on will come to life.
How to Kickstart Your Imagination
If you need a little help to kickstart your imagination there are a few tips:
- Get your priorities in order and put aside your to-do list for a while
- Take a few minutes per day for yourself
- Take some deep cleansing breaths
- Start to visualize what you want
- Use images to boost your imagination
- Read books and watch movies that take you to far away places, I sometimes watch Sci-Fi movies to spark my imagination
- Tell or write stories
- Add music, every morning I listen to worship music and use that time for prayer as well
As an entrepreneur for many years I’ve discovered that visualization has been a huge key to my positive frame of mind. Let your imagination take you on a journey to wherever you want to go.
Before you know it you will be using your imagination for everything.