Wrapping It All Up
We’ve delivered a lot of information so let’s break it down into steps to make it more manageable. Consider creating a business plan or blog plan so that you have goals and a direction to follow. Use the following steps to help you create your blog plan and begin building and leveraging a loyal following.
- Identify your blog topic or niche. What are you going to write about? Research other bloggers in your niche and explore options for how you can make your blog unique and valuable to your audience.
- Register your domain and get hosting for your blog.
- Install WordPress and create your blog design. Leverage plugins to make your design suit your needs and make navigation easy for your visitors. For example, if you want to have an image heavy blog you might use an image gallery plugin like Huge-It Gallery https://wordpress.org/plugins/gallery-images/screenshots/
- Identify your blog audience. Who will read your blog and what information will they be looking for?
- Create your content plan. What are you going to publish and when are you going to publish it?
- How are you going to promote your blog? Use plugins to help you build a community. Social media plugins, blog comment plugins, and bookmarking functions help make it easy for people to interact and share.
- Monetize your blog. How will you make money from your blog? We’ve talked about the possibilities. Consider focusing on one tactic initially. As your blog audience grows, you can implement other monetization tactics. For example, you might build your email list and market to them before you begin publishing advertisements on your blog.
- Identify your goals. Your goals can be both personal and professional. For example, you might decide that you want to publish 20 posts a month as a personal goal and your professional goal might be to have 100 visitors a day within the first 60 days of your blog launch.
- Install analytics. We haven’t talked about this yet. Analytics is a system that will tell you how your blog is doing. It will tell you how many visits you get each day, where those visitors are coming from, what they do on your blog, and much more. Google Analytics, www.google.com/analytics/, is free and easy to install. Create a plan to review your analytics at least once a month.
- Create Systems. Now that your blog is up and running, it’s time to create efficient systems. Plan your content in advance. Make sure that it’s written and scheduled ahead of time. Remember to integrate your goals into your content plan. For example, if you’re going to promote an eBook in your email this month, consider a few posts that provide supporting information and make the promotion a logical step in the eyes of your readers.
Your systems should also include reviewing your analytics and tracking the results of your various marketing and income generating efforts. Know what’s working and what isn’t so you can repeat your success.
Blogging your way to success begins with building a following and focusing on publishing content that your audience wants to read. It can be a fun way to earn a living and a rewarding career that allows you to help others and earn an income.